Merry Christmas!
This year we celebrated Christmas without Chris. I must say that this has been harder that I thought it would be to celebrate Christmas without you Chris. And to complicate things they decided to change things around over in Iraq and we weren't able to skype, email, or even talk to Chris the week prior and the week after Christmas, except for an unexpected 15 minute phone call Christmas Day. We Miss YOU Terribly! Aside from all of the drama, we were able to have a nice Christmas with family in UT.
I have a sister who is 16 who morphs into a 5 year old every Christmas Eve. She is always the one who wakes everyone up at 5 am ready to open presents. This year I agreed to let her sleep in my room as long as she promised to let us all sleep in until 7:30 am. But like any 5 year old she couldn't wait any longer and woke us all up at 7am. So we woke up the girls and headed upstairs. We love you Ali!
Brooklyn did not want to budge Christmas morning. She unlike her sister does not like to wake up in the morning, but after letting her wake up naturally for a few minutes she was awake and anxious to see the goods.

The girls were excited to see the Christmas presents, as was my sister Ali, all wrapped up in her zebra snuggie
Chris sent the girls these awesome tea sets from Iraq. They were the hit toy this year. The girls have not stopped playing tea party since.
Brooklyn opening her baby cradle for her "baby white". She has now slept with this cradle next to her bed, her baby all tucked every night since.

Hallie opening her Polly Pocket Rollercoaster

Hallie was pretty excited to see her snow tube from Grandma Reece. If you have to live in the snow you may as well enjoy it.

Santa was able to track down a Zhu Zhu Pet last minute, Hallie kept shouting "How did Santa Know, How did he know?" It was cute, she was pretty excited. I am not sure why these little electronic hamsters were so popular this year, but she was happy.

Brookie was happy to finally get a barbie of her own, and I was relieved that in the excitement of Christmas morning she forgot all about the roller skates, and ice skates she had asked for.

Brooklyn opening her cinderella dress. She has been in this costume ever since.

Hallie about to open her Barbie teacher

What a mess, but we sure had making it.

After putting so much work into getting Christmas together I really hate that it only lasts a few minutes, so to prolong the excitement Chris and I decided to let them open their presents from us, and their stockings after Christmas breakfast.
The girls getting ready to open their stockings.
I knew that to get through the holidays without Chris this year I would need a lot of projects so this year I made the following:
A doorway Puppet Theater
Felt Food
Chalk Mat (almost finished)
Felt Mat/Felt Stories
And A Magnet Table
I didn't get a chance to glue the ribbon around the edges to protect the table (hence the white table cloth) but I was able to make table top, and convert 3 sticker books into magnet play scenes.
All in all we had a wonderful Christmas, and we are so lucky to have the support of such amazing friends and family. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!

No comments:
Post a Comment