Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve we have a family party and seafood dinner. This year we were missing quite a few members of our family Chris, my brother Sam (who is on a mission), My brother Cam and sister-in-law Steff, and My Grandpa Hintze (who passed away last month). It just wasn't the same without them, but my parents did a good job of making the most anticipated dinner of the year extra special this year. This year we had : Lobster Tails, Crab Legs, Shrimp, Steak, Scalloped Potatoes, Ribbon Jello, Sour dough Bread, Strawberry Spinach Salad, and Italian Sodas. Brooklyns Dinner Menu was: Blackberries, Strawberries, Bacon, and Chicken Wings. It took a lot of work for my parents to put it together, but we will always remember our wonderful Christmas Eve Dinners.
Right before dinner the girls got dressed up in their party clothes and posed for me while I took their pic.'s

Another tradition is to have a family talent show after dinner, it only took one year of this to realize that our family is the most untalented family on earth, but we still have fun watching our ridiculously horrible displays of talent. The girls definitely took the talent up a notch this year with their song and dance, choreographed by the talented Aunt Ali. It was hilarious to watch them dance together while singing Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.

Hallie and Brooklyn doing the can-can in their stellar performance
After that we opened a few presents. Ali gave Hallie what is certain to be her favorite gift of the year, it was another princess cookbook. Ali gave her one of these cookbooks last year and Hallie has slept with it every single night this year while dreaming up, and planning little tea parties.
We all got the traditional Christmas jammies. It was major drama picking out pajamas for the girls this year, we tried EVERYTHiNG to find some cute silky pajamas like the ones that Ryan Haws mother so graciously made for my girls, the are the only pj's that Brooklyn will sleep in which means that I usually wash them daily. But apparently they are harder to come by than we thought so we settled for these fleece nightgowns and luckily they were a hit. May I also mention that I am extremely brave for allowing a picture of myself in my pj.'s to grace this blog. It was the only picture we got of the girls in their PJ's for some reason, and so I am only doing this for you Chris.

1 comment:

Steffanie said...

I still have yet to see there song and dance!!!!! And I'm sure they don't remember it anymore :(