A few weeks ago we headed out with our friends the Haws on our first real family camping trip. It WAS SO FUN!! Don't get me wrong I miss have a snuggly baby around but as our kids get older things like camping trips only get more fun.
It was Columbus day weekend and so in an effort to ditch the crowds in the Shenanadoahs we drove 3 hours to West Virginia. The roads to the campsite wound around little hills (mountains for all you east coasters) which was breathtaking for its beauty and its ability to make my stomach turn inside out!

We had no idea what to expect ,but when we got there we found this quiet amazing campsite. The whole campsite is surrounded by a beautiful river. It was warm enough that the kids were able to wade around in it, and shallow enough that i didn't really need to pay attention. In the summer the water levels are a little higher and you can float around the river over and over and over again and hop off at your campsite when you are done. Sounds heavenly!


I bought some watercolors so that the girls could paint rocks, but they ended up painting the trees, firewood, and water tap. Needless to say by the end of the trip we had a lovely campsite.

1 comment:
Yea!!! You updated your blog!!! I miss you guys! You should totally come out for Thanksgiving! I'm totally sad though Jane... there was no picture of you, I've completely forgotten what you look like!!! ;)
Post a Comment