We live right next to the Grunewald, in Dahlem (has the red A). It is literally a 1 minute walk and we are in a huge forest. It is pretty amazing.
Chris speaks German really well but it was an upscale restaurant and even he couldn't decipher the menu. So I just picked something and hoped for the best . . . I was completely shocked when they brought out my meal and it was an ENTIRE LARGE PIZZA. It was a little embarrassing, I felt like a total pig. But even more embarassing was that we were all starving and managed to polish it all off, plus 2 large servings of Schnitzle (breaded and fried pork), a loaf of french bread, and a large bowl of spaghetti.
View of the restaurant from the forest
H-May running around while we waited for our food.



3 comments:
Yea! You guys made it! Talk about horror story for your flight! You sure know how to travel my dear... I'm so excited to hear all about your German adventures! The kids keep asking when Hallie and "Brookely" are coming to visit again and when we can go see you. Sigh... we should move to Europe... Miss you!
This totally looks like all he outdoor caves and restaurants in Kiev, except a lot more expensive, sounds like. :)
not he outdoor caves, the outdoor cafes! (the iPad corrects everything into crazy talk!)
Post a Comment