Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tea Party

I have always wanted to go to afternoon tea, it sounded so refined. So when we heard that the Grand America Hotel offered an afternoon tea, we knew that we had to go. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious, the company was wonderful, and the place was beautiful. We ended up staying for over 2 hours, it was absolutely delightful, and made me wish that I was some sort of English Royalty so that I could do this everydayIt came in 3 courses. The first course was tea, then dainty sandwiches and scones, followed by french pastries and chocolate dipped strawberries. It was wonderful! I think that Hallie had the most fun out of anyone. She was very proper, and made lots of hand gestures just like a princess would. She was really playing the part, she was even caught sticking out her pinky while sipping her tea (hot chocolate). Where do the get this stuff?
Eventhough we were there for a few hours the girls did amazingly well. Brooklyn passed most of her time under the table in the corner. It worked out perfectly because no one could see her, and she sat there completely still almost the entire time, which is something I did not know she knew how to do.

We were one of the only ones there, and so when the piano music started playing they were able to dance. It was cute, they would each take turns twirling. It is hard to resist when you have a poofy dress on.
After tea we decided to explore the grounds, and after being quiet and well behaved for so long, the girls were more than happy to explore the gardens, and burn off some energy.
Brookie, Aunt Ali, Aunt Steffanie, and Hallie

Brooklyn was really hamming it up that day
The girls with Grandma ReeceWe all had such a wonderful time, this is definitely going to become a tradition.




No comments: